European International School Ho Chi Minh City,
730 F-G-K Le Van Mien Street
Thao Dien Ward
Thu Duc City
Ho Chi Minh City
European International School Ho Chi Minh City (EIS), (also referred as “EIS Vietnam”) is part of Inspired Education Holdings, which is a company registered in Europe, United Kingdom, company number 09268120, with registered address as Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom.
This policy is created and published under requirements of protection of privacy and other individuals’ rights recognised in Vietnamese Constitution 2013 and Civil Code 2015 and also according to the article 16.3 of Law on Network Information Security No. 86/2015/QH13 (Nov. 19, 2015) (LNIS), among other regulations, applicable to collection, handling and protection of personal information. This privacy notice aims to inform you on how EIS Vietnam, handles your personal information.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by email at the address email@example.com if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal information.
2. Types of Personal Information we Process
We process personal information from our students and their families and / or competent persons and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about EIS Vietnam within the systems controlled by the school.
The personal information processed is mainly the following:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- Family details;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- Education and employment data;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial information;
- Educational centres previously attended.
Other types of information we may collect and process, according to the school purposes, are related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special educational needs
- Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
- Biometric information;
3. How we Collect and Process Personal Information
EIS Vietnam collects information in several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website, including information received through our cookies;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications, emails, invoices, letters, consent forms;
- Through online tools: such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by our staff;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises or sites;
- Through third parties, such as referees, professionals or authorities acting on behalf of the individual;
4. Purposes for which we Process Personal Information
EIS Vietnam processes personal information to lawfully and legitimately carry out the school’s educational activity. The school collects and keeps students and parents’ information when necessary to:
- Attend the queries;
- Ensure that the student meets the school’s admission criteria;
- Provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Provide to the students welfare, safeguarding and pastoral care services;
- Provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and school transportation, among other necessary services;
- Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- Comply with the law regarding sharing information;
- Comply with legislative or administrative requirements;
- Enable parents/guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of school closure, or to inform parents of their child’s educational progress or about school events, etc.
- With the aim to celebrate school’s achievements and to keep a record of the history of the school, EIS Vietnam may take photographs and recorded images of students to be shared in, e.g. yearbooks, school website, etc, always based on informed consent from parents or students of legal age;
- Send commercial communications if previously requested and authorised by the individuals. You will be able to unsubscribe from the receipt of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” section found in all these communications.
In the case of a CV received through our website, in the section “Careers Opportunities”, we will process the information with the purpose to include the candidate in the selection process. In this regarding, the school also collects information for:
- Conducting the recruitment process;
- Assessing the suitability of the candidate for the position;
- Administration of human resources records;
The personal information object of processing may only be communicated to third parties if necessary for the purpose of a safe recruitment. The candidates’ data will be kept during the time required to carry out such process, and once it expires, the data will be safely erased from our files. The candidate can exercise the right of consent withdrawal or any other right as stated in the section 7, by sending an email to our Privacy Office or to the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. With whom do we Share your Personal Information?
The personal information may only be shared with third parties when necessary to the purposes mentioned previously. As a school, we may be lawfully required to share personal information with relevant authorities or third parties to comply with legal obligations or on the basis of a specific consent given by the individual concerned.
The parties to whom we may disclose your personal information as above referred may be located in countries outside Vietnam, including countries which may offer a lower level of protection of personal information.
In such cases, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal information in accordance with applicable legislation on personal information.
Your personal information shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
6. Conservation of Personal Information
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless for a longer time for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
7. Your Rights
According to art. 18 LNIS you have the right of updating, change or deletion of your personal information as well as ceasing the supply of your personal information to a third party, organisations and individuals which handle your personal information.
You can exercise your rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of your ID card, to our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com.
You will have the right to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
EIS Vietnam does not collect and process under any circumstance personal information from individuals under legal age. Parents’ or legal tutor’s must act on their behalf.
10. Storing and Securing Information
The school shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal information, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
11. Cookies Used in our Website
The Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for visiting the pages of this server, name and password, products that are more interesting, etc.
The Cookies that we use in our website and that require informed consent by the user are the functional cookies and the targeting cookies. Consent is not required for required cookies, which are those of a technical nature necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
12. Common use with other Platforms and Social Networks
This site contains links to other websites such as platforms or social networks. EIS Vietnam is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
12. Privacy Notice Updates
EIS Vietnam may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you review this privacy clause from time to time.
This version was last updated on March 2023.