Dear Parents and Guardians,
Congratulations and thank you for the teachers,students and staff who supported SAIMUN this past weekend. The event, attended by 270 students from 12 schools took take place at the Sheraton Hotel and, in their closing speeches, the students were appreciative of the successful organization of the event. Photos are available here.
“STUDENTS ON STAGE”
Students and teachers are ready are prepared and ready to perform at ‘’Students on Stage”, tomorrow evening, Friday, 29th March. Students will demonstrate an important learning principle of constructing meaning by making connections between knowledge, experience and concepts. Please see the attached programme commencing at 5.00pm. Please note the following that was included in a letter sent to parents yesterday:
- Location: Stage is at the big football pitch.
- Entrance gate: Only Gate 5 on Le Van Mien will be accessible.
- Time: Doors will be opened at 5 pm and performances will start at 5:30 pm
- Refreshments: Snacks and drink will be provided at the canteen area.
- Parking: There is likely to be very limited parking space available for personal cars or motorcycles. Parents should please kindly arrange alternative transportation.
- Supervision of students:
- Primary students who perform will stay after school in the LRC under the supervision of Ms. Lala.
- Secondary students who perform will stay after school in Music Room in Villa 10 under the supervision of Mr. Andi.
- Students who do not perform will be expected not to remain on campus unless in a supervised activity and to be pick-up as usual. Any student remaining on campus after school will be directed to a supervised waiting location in Villa 1.
- During the performance it is anticipated that all attending will remain in the vicinity of the football pitch.
- Some areas of the school will be off limits including the new building, Early Year section, the basketball court, the volleyball court and the areas in front of Villas 4, 5 and 6.
MEET THE SENIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Members of the SLT will be available to meet informally with parents at Coffee Morning on the first Monday of the month i.e. next Monday, April 1st. at 8.00am in the LRC.
SCHOOL BUDGET/SCHOOL FEES
The school budget for 2019/20 is currently being finalized. It is anticipated that a notification regarding school fees will be sent out by mid-April.
EIS FUN DAY
EIS Fun Day will take place on Saturday, April 6, from 3.00pm to 8.00pm pm. From 3.00 to 5.00 pm, children will be able to enjoy various games and activities, collecting points on the reward cards that will be distributed during the event.
At 5.00 pm, games and activities will end, and each reward card should then be returned (with the name of the participant clearly written on it), for the organizers to determine which children managed to collect the highest number of points. At approximately 5.15 pm, a 30-minute ‘surprise show’ will entertain children and adults. And at 5.45 PM, there will be a brief ceremony during which the winners of the EIS Fun Day will be rewarded with special prizes. Finally, at 6.00 pm, Movie Night will start. As the theme of the event this year is "Survivor", the chosen movie is The Wild Life, a funny cartoon (loosely) based on Robinson Crusoe's adventures.
Food and beverages will be available throughout the event. All profits of the day will go towards Operation Smile Vietnam.
The Sports’ Day event that was postponed from earlier will take place on Wednesday, 24th April. Further details will be following shortly.
All the very best,
Head of School