Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you to parents who attended our recent workshops. We hope that you found the presentations worthwhile. Tomorrow we will host Mr. Tony Louw from Learning Strategies who will speak on “Wellbeing during the time of Covid-19”. Registration has been open on SchoolsBuddy.
The topics for next week are:
- Monday, 25th January | 3:30 – 5:30 p.m | DP Information for Korean Parents | Middle & High School
- Wednesday, 27th January | 8 - 9 a.m | Why Inquiry? | Early Years & Primary | Presented by Michael Perry (PYP Coordinator – Primary) and Cristy Neves (PYP Coordinator – Early Years)
- Friday, 29th January | 8 - 9 a.m | TOK (Theory of Knowledge) in the DP Programme | Middle & High School | Presented by Erin Tacey (DP Coordinator)
Further information and the presentations from the workshops are posted on the Parent Portal. If you have any questions or if you would like to have a particular topic included, please contact Mai Anh – Marketing Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFEGUARDING AND DATA PROTECTION
Data Protection (GDPR) and Safeguarding are themes of current workshops for all staff at EIS. These are important topics for the community culture of our school.
One of our Learning Principles is very clear “EIS students enjoy a teaching and learning environment where they feel safe, secure and cared for, so we create an educational environment that is nurturing and respectful.
Within the context of the accreditation standards of the Council of International School (CIS), the school has established policies and procedures regarding the safeguarding and child protection of children who attend the school. In doing so the school references best practices for the United Kingdom and the International Task Force on Child Protection. This includes the following areas for promoting child welfare:
- Protecting children from maltreatment, abuse, or harm
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
- Ensuring safer recruitment and hiring practices of all teachers, staff, and volunteers.
It should be noted that child abuse is a form of maltreatment of a child and is considered not only the abuse or neglect of a child by inflicting harm (physical, emotional), but also by failing to act to prevent harm.
The school has established a Wellbeing Committee and Safeguarding Committee and Mrs. Shane Priddis is appointed to the position of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL). She can be contacted directly on email@example.com. If you require any further information or have any concerns.
MESSAGE FROM THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE
The school enrolled new and returning students during December/January and Admissions is now establishing waitlists for some classes for next school year, commencing August 2021. If you or friends are interested in enrolment a student, please kindly contact Admissions Office via (+84) 28 7300 7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of School