Dear Parents and Guardians,
The start of Semester 2 has been especially busy. Students have settled back enthusiastically to classes and activities. We have held assemblies, orientation meetings and events to bring students together and focus their learning.
Students in Middle and High School are particularly excited by the opening of our new Building B. The new Science Laboratories and mezzanine floor for students studying in the IB Diploma programme have been especially welcome. We hope to have an ‘’opening’’ and viewing of the building in early February to which parents will be invited.
Reports were issued for students in December and we hope that you found the information regarding student attainment helpful in understanding your child’s progress. If you do not understand any aspect of the assessment criteria of the report or have any questions or concerns, please make an appointment with the homeroom or class/subject teacher during the coming week.
Now is also a good time to revisit the report and discuss with your child where they may be having difficulty or concern and set targets for improvement during the coming term. It is important to praise the child for the effort being made and plan how you, as a parent, can help at home.
Teachers in school will be talking with students to help them understand the purpose of their learning and to set clear goals. They will also work with students to challenge them individually and appropriately depending on individual needs and developmental stage.
Parent Engagement and Information Workshops
We are hoping to are hoping to continue our programme of information events for parents during the second semester. Thank you to those parents who attended the workshop on the use of technology yesterday. The draft programme for future workshops is as follows:
- Friday, 15th January | 10 – 11 a.m | Nutrition for Early Years and Primary Students
- Friday, 22nd January | 8 – 9 a.m | Wellbeing During the Time of COVID-19 | Whole School
- Wednesday, 27th January | 8 - 9 a.m | Why Inquiry? | Early Years & Primary
- Friday, 29th January | 8 - 9 a.m | TOK (Theory of Knowledge) in the DP Programme | Middle & High School
- Monday, 1st February 2021 | 8 - 9 a.m | SLT Coffee Morning - Languages at EIS | Whole School
- Wednesday, 17th February 2021 | 7:45 - 8:15 a.m | Technology Support Workshop | Whole School
- Tuesday, 23rd February 2021| 8 - 9 a.m | Reading Literacy in the PYP | Primary
- Friday, 5th March 2021 | 8 - 9 a.m | Screen Time | Whole School
- Friday, 12th March 2021 | 8 - 9 a.m | Personal Project / How to prepare for the IB Diploma Programme | Grades 9 & 10 Parents
- Tuesday, 16th March 2021 | 8 - 9 a.m | First Aid | Early Years & Primary
- Friday, 19th March 2021 | 8 - 9 a.m | The Power of Play | Early Years & Primary
Registration have been set or will be set via SchoolsBuddy. If you have any questions or if you would like to have a particular topic included, please kindly contact Ms. Mai Anh, Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As mentioned, we are undertaking a review of the Vision Narrative of EIS LINK ON PARENT PORTAL This was written initially in 2017 and requires updating to address the next five years of school improvement. This ‘’vision’’ document will be the foundation of the new accreditation cycle for the Council of International Schools that will commence in school year 2021/22. Input for the revision process is also being sought from students, through the Student Representative Councils and parents, through the Parent Council.
MESSAGE FROM THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE
The school enrolled new and returning students during December/January and Admissions is now establishing waitlists for some classes for next school year, commencing August 2021. If you or friends are interested in enrolment a student, please kindly contact Admissions Office via (+84) 28 7300 7275 or email@example.com.
Head of School