Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Greatest Show
The Greatest Show thrilled an appreciative audience on opening night, Wednesday December 4th. The show featured a selection of songs and dance routines from the “The Greatest Showman” with original direction and choreography by our teachers. It showcased the wonders and emerging talent of our students, where singing, dancing and acting all come together in a fantastic first-time musical event in the MPR.
EIS Family Christmas Picnic: December 7th
This event will be held from 3 pm on Saturday 7th December. There will be many performances, games and activities organised by our teachers and students. All proceeds will be donated to Operation Smile. A separate email was sent to parents providing further details. Also, please see attached the programme, here. We look forward to seeing to then.
The semester reports for students will be issued in the coming week. If you have any question regarding a report in general or specific subject area you should please contact the teacher directly.
We know that when a parent is involved positively in a child's education they do better at school and having constructive conversations about a semester report is very important.
- Read the entire report and teacher comments (not just the grades)
- Put the report in the context of your child’s learning – what progress is being made
- Plan a time in a comfortable place to discuss the report with your child ahead of time
- Before you sit down with your child, write down key points you want to discuss. Planning gives you the chance to think about what you want to talk about with your child (and how) so you can have a positive, more productive talk.
- Remove distractions so there can be focus and a meaningful conversation
- Start with the positives
- Review areas of learning strength
- Recognize the challenges your child may be having - giving your child an opportunity to talk about his or her academic performance or why he or she may be struggling can give you valuable insight on the best way to help.
- Identify areas of focus for improvement
- Set goals with your child and agree how you can help - end with optimism - assure your child that there is time for improvement and you are here to help create a plan for success.
Message from Admissions
Thank you to parents who have referred new students to our school. We have already started waiting lists in several grade levels, commencing January 2020 and August 2020. If you are interested to hold a place for your child or know any families who may be interested in joining EIS, please kindly contact Admissions Office via (+84) 28 7300 7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs – Viewing Cards
The photographs from Pret-a-Portrait, that were taken recently, are now available. A viewing card explaining how you can view and order pictures, was sent home with students last week.
Please ask your child to give it to you. A 25% discounted price is available before the Early Bird Deadline, next Monday 9th December 2019.
If the viewing card doesn’t make it to you in the next few days, please contact Pret-a-Portrait directly on 0800 021 7626 or email@example.com
All the very best,
Head of School