Dear Parents and Guardians,
STUDENTS ON STAGE
Congratulations and thank you once again to all the students, teachers, and staff who were involved in “Students on Stage” last Friday evening. It was an exciting evening when students displayed their talents and demonstrated their confidence and performance abilities. Photos can be seen here.
Thanks to Arts Nation who generously presented 3 scholarships to our talented students (Venice – Grade 9, Bao – Grade 10 and Nam Duong – Grade 11). Arts Nation will offer ECAs classes in Music and Dance to EIS students starting from Term 4 this year. More information about Arts Nation is available here.
EIS FUN DAY
EIS Fun Day will take place on Saturday, April 6, from 3.00 pm to 8.00 pm. Thank you to the Organizing Committee, CPRs and Volunteers for arranging this event. All profits of the day will go towards Operation Smile Vietnam.
Please note the following:
- Entrance gate:
- The main entrance will be on Le Van Mien. There will be limited bike parking in the laneway next to Gate 5. Entrance gate will be at the end of the lane.
- There will be limited bike parking on Ngo Quang Huy and families can enter via the Early Years Gate, however this area will be closed throughout the event so is only for entry between 3:00 – 4:00 pm. Please follow the signage and security guard’s guidance there.
- Location: Various locations – please see the map here.
- Event flow:
- 3:00 pm Gates open
3:00 – 5:00 pm Games and activities
5:15 – 5:45 pm Surprise show
5:45 – 6:00 pm Prizes for the winners
6:00 – 8:00 pm Movie time – “The Wild Life”
- Food and Beverages: Available to purchase throughout the event.
- Parking: There is likely to be very limited parking space available for personal cars or motorcycles. Parents should please kindly arrange alternative transportation.
- Supervision of students:
- This is CPR run event and there will be limited supervision by school personnel.
- Parents are responsible for and must supervise their own children.
- Certain areas of the school will not be accessible including the Early Years Playground and all Classrooms.
- During the movie, it is expected that all attendees will remain in the vicinity of the main pitch.
SCHOOL BUDGET/SCHOOL FEES
The school budget for 2019/20 is currently being finalized. It is anticipated that a notification regarding school fees will be sent out to parents next week.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
There will be a Professional Development Day for teachers on Friday, April 12th. Teachers will be focusing on a variety of topics, including the use of assessment information to better inform differentiated teaching and the learning of individual students.
School will be closed on Friday 12th, April through Friday 19th, April. School will reopen on Monday, April 22nd.
The Sports’ Day event that was postponed from earlier will take place on Wednesday, 24th April. Further details will follow shortly.
All the very best,
Head of School