Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you to the parents who have attended our recent Meet the Senior Leadership Team meetings, including those for parents in Korean and in Vietnamese this week. The dialogue and feedback have been very beneficial. The presentations from the meetings have been posted on the Parent Portal. Several important topics were mentioned, and we will be following up with smaller group or topic meetings.
Thank you also to the parents who have volunteered to be Class Parent Representatives. We hope to arrange a meeting of the CPRs next week. A specific location will soon be available on The Parent Portal for CPR communications and details of this will be published shortly
During the past few weeks students, as they have come to better understand their learning, have been setting goals and targets for themselves to improve during the course of this school year. This is an important EIS Learning Principle that students understand the purpose of their learning and that they develop the skills for clear goal setting and understanding of self-directed progress.
This process can be supported by parents at home by:
- Asking about and showing an interest in what goals or targets the child thinks are important.
- Letting the child take ownership over their own goals and actions.
- Being realistic of what a child can achieve at any specific age or stage of development and giving positive feedback for effort.
- Describing that big goals are attained, step by step by smaller objectives.
- Encouraging the child to step out of their comfort zone and take on responsibility
- Helping the child to develop perseverance and a ‘solution-focus’ approach to problems
- Explaining that time is precious and aspirations for the future are important.
Head of School