As you may be aware there is considerable concern regarding the possible spread of the Coronavirus. We are aware of these concerns and the anxiety within our community. These concerns are heightened because a large number of our families have been travelling overseas, including to China, during the TET holiday and have recently returned to HCMC.
Given the fluidity of the situation and the rapidly changing developments with regard to diagnosis and precautionary measures, the decision has been made to delay the re-opening of school during next week, Monday 3rd until Friday, 7th.
We will maintain teaching and learning next week through our online platforms, Seesaw in the Primary School and Managebac in Middle and High Schools. Teachers will be in touch with parents and students from Monday. You may also contact the teacher/s through email as usual.
We will continue to monitor the situation through next week and it is the current intention to re-open school on Monday, 10th February, at which time we will reissue any new precautionary measures. In the meanwhile we will work with the respective local and international health authorities to further assess the developments.
I know that you will agree that maintaining a safe environment for our students is our first priority at this time and I thank you for your kind understanding.
Mr. Sean O'Maonaigh
Head of School