Q: Where is EIS?
EIS conveniently located in the very heart of Thao Dien, the hub of Western expat families in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Q: How many campuses does EIS have?
EIS is located on a single site in the very centre of Thao Dien, District 2 (where most of Saigon’s expatriate community reside). Other large schools are separated over two or more campus sites, splitting-up siblings and making transportation arrangements very difficult for school drop-offs and pick-ups. For families with more than one child, EIS offers the most convenient option in Ho Chi Minh City.
Q: Are there any accreditations?
EIS is an accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS). The School is one of a small select group of international schools that have allowed themselves to be externally scrutinised by outside experts (only 22% of international schools are accredited globally). Accreditation demonstrates that EIS adheres to the highest possible international quality standards in all areas of school operations, and it also means that other schools, colleges and universities recognise EIS students’ school reports and High School diploma as being issued by a high quality school, held in good standing internationally.
We are also one of only a few authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) World Continuum Schools in Vietnam offering all three programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP) - from Toddler Class to Grade 5, the Middle Years Programme (MYP) - from Grades 6 to 10 and the Diploma Programme (DP) - Grades 11 and 12. Our students acquire the skills and embrace the values of the IB Learner Profile within an enquiry-based teaching and learning environment, enabling a smooth transition to other schools, colleges and universities globally.
Q: What is the student population of the school?
Currently 569 students are enrolling at EIS. There are approximately 30% of local students and the rest 70% come from 40 nationalities, with one third of them is from European countries.
Q: How does the School determine what grade my child will be placed in?
Students will be placed in grade groups according to their date of birth. Our academic year cutoff date is 31st August. Students entering Grade 1 must have turned 6 by 1st September and so on as we progress up to Grade 12.
In addition to looking at the age, the School can only confirm the grade placement and offer a space after the applicant successfully follow these steps:
* Complete Applications including:
- Completed and signed application form with student’s ID photo
- A copy of student’s passport
- Student’s medical report
- School transcripts/ reports for the last 2 academic year (as applicable)
Where necessary, applications are reviewed by the Teaching and Learning Support Coordinator.
* Placement Assessments:
- Applicant under 6 years old: Where possible, we encourage applicants to attend a ‘taster’ morning in the relevant class from 8:00am to 12:00 midday.
- Applicant from 6 to 10 years old will take an English language test (OOPT) and an interview with the Head of Section or Head of School. Other assessments may be required at the School’s discretion.
- Applicant from 11 to 18 years old will take an English language test (OOPT), a Cognitive Ability Test (CAT4) and an interview with the Head of Section or Head of School. Other assessments may be required at the School’s discretion.
Q: Is there any waiting list?
The School is experiencing waiting lists in all grades in Early Years, Primary and most grades in Middle School (Grades 6 to 10). We are already offering placements for January 2021 and August 2021 entry, so to avoid disappointment, we encourage all interested families to attend the placement reservation fee, as soon as possible.
Q: What languages are taught at EIS?
Language of instructions is English, but there is a wide range of language options including German, French, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Korean. English language support for non-native students is also available without additional fees.
Q: What extra-curricular (after school) activities are offered at the School?
There are a wide range of activities available each term, covering sports, arts, academic, languages and other interest areas.
Q: What are available support or services for the newly arrived student and family? Is there a buddy system?
All new arrivals are given buddies to help them settle into the school routines. We have a Wellbeing Counsellor whose job is also to facilitate the transition of the new students on campus. Class Parent Representatives (CPR) are always available to help new parents settle.
Connect with our Admissions Team
Ms. Khanh Nguyen
Cell phone: (+84) 906 842 363
Languages: Vietnamese and English
Ms. Jihyeon Hwang
Head of Korean Admissions
Cell phone: (+84 28) 7300 7257
Languages: Korean and English
Ms. Lan Anh Vu
Senior Admissions Executive
Cell phone: (+84) 932 817 583
Languages: Vietnamese, German and English